Monday, August 10, 2009

New Staff Bio!

Name: Christian Lopez

Title: Oral History Coordinator

Joined Russell Staff: July 2009

What I do at the Russell Library: I coordinate the production of new oral histories and the migration of older oral histories to digital media formats.

Previous work experience: Library Associate - Access Services, UGA Science Library

Education:
M.L.I.S. University of South Carolina 2008
B.A. English, University of Nevada, Reno 1991

Professional Memberships/Affiliations:
Association of Recorded Sound Collections
Georgia Library Association

Best part of the job: That’s tough, because I enjoy everything about my job. I really like the people I get to work with and their stories. The Russell staff, people I meet through Reflections on Georgia Politics interviews, and those I’m introduced to through our other media and oral histories all have great stories to share.

Alternate Career Path: Struggling folk musician

Favorite Pastimes: Hanging with the family, playing music, learning and researching old tunes and songs

What surprises me most about this job: Trouble-shooting technologies and creative problem-solving (figuring how best to get from point A to B efficiently) - are big parts of our work. It’s a great learning environment to be in and really rewarding to work through challenges and see a big project come to fruition.

No comments: